Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Quotoutstanding Servicequot Do You Know What It Means To Your Clients

Writen by Connie Scholl

When was the last time you experienced good customer service? I'm talking about REALLY good service, the kind where the person you were dealing with was pleasant and accommodating, and every little detail about your entire experience was addressed and handled exactly in the manner that you would have requested it.

Over the past six years, I've enjoyed this kind of stellar service from the BMW dealership where I have my car serviced. As a direct result of my experience, I will not only continue to purchase BMW automobiles, I will continue to use their service department and recommend them to my family and friends. Why? Because they "GET IT" when it comes to knowing exactly what I want. They let me know they value my business each and every time I'm there, and they continually work to keep me happy. They've earned my loyalty and created a raving fan out of me by meeting and exceeding my expectations with every interaction. I know I pay a little more by going there, but to me it's totally worth it.

So how can you get the same reaction from the clients in your small business or professional practice?

The first step is knowing what first rate service means to your clients. BMW doesn't guess here. They do their homework. So if you want to safeguard your business, and prevent clients from going elsewhere, it's time to start doing your homework!

Begin by compiling a list of "what does excellent service mean to you" type questions that you'll use with your existing clients.

Next, dive into your Rolodex and come up with a list of 8 to 10 "A" list clients. (These are the clients that you absolutely love working with and would like plenty more of.)

Once you have your questions and client names in hand, contact these folks and begin asking them what you want to know! Keep in mind, this doesn't have to be a long and complicated process. depending on your relationship, you can either email these people, call them, or take them out to lunch to gather your information.

If you've never done anything like this in your business before, you'll soon see that the very act of asking your clients these questions is a very powerful customer service move in and of itself.

Connie Scholl of ConnieCoach.com provides self-employed service professionals with simple, effective and low-cost marketing solutions designed to quickly jump-start sales and consistently generate new clients. Get free marketing tips and "how-to-articles" at http://www.conniecoach.com.

No comments: